1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
As it is know that no business can operate in a vacuum or in isolation, organization have to interact with its environment and this environment can be classified as internal and external environment, therefore under external environment business organization are concerned with social /culture, believe religion, customer expectation and degree of the issue of social responsibility.
Corporate social responsibility is a concept that seeks to promote the overall welfare of the society by focusing on the attention of business organization on society obligation and social objectives. More so, social responsibility as one would say is a two way process in the sense that is does not have impact on the profitability of an organization.
It is the benefit of many executive that it is the right psychological meaning one association with their company employees will want work, there are people that will be favourably predisposed towards this of an organization the long term.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The issue of the social responsibility has become a problem to some organization. This believes that being socially responsible is threat to the existence of the organization.
This organization lay emphasis on the relationship between corporate social responsibility and profitability of the organization. This corporate social responsibility of the organization. This corporate social responsibility is a colossal waste of share holder’s funds.
Also that social responsibility has nothing to do with the existence of an organization and finally, the organization lack knowledge on the benefit of corporate social responsibility.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The aim and objective of the study are: –
- To look at the effect or impact of social responsibility on the profitability of the organization.
- To study the various ways by which the company can be socially responsible.
- To look at the reaction of the environment on the issue of social responsibility of a company.
- To consider the effect of being socially responsibility on the company profitability.
- To consider the effect of corporate social responsibility on the entire organization
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
- Does social responsibility increase the growth and quality of the organization?
2. To what extent can social responsibility assist International Breweries Ilesa in improving the level of operation?